- I'm teaching at EABST on the Christian family and on the church's mission—two critical classes for the sturdy progress of the gospel in East Africa. Pray for diligence, insight, and growth for the students.
- We're counseling several engaged couples to prepare them for marriage. Pray for open, profitable, healthy conversations that God uses for Christlikeness in our marriage and in those we counsel.
- We're preparing for a Stateside assignment in the second half of this year. Pray for wisdom and skill in filling the calendar with current and potential supporting churches. (If you're interested in a visit please contact us!)
14 February 2019
23 January 2019
Earlier today, I received a kind email from a church who holds the rope for us Stateside. The church member asked me how they could be praying for us. It's incredible to think how many are keeping us in their prayers. We are grateful for your faithfulness in partnering with us in the gospel.
Here's the gist of how I responded:
- Please pray for folks in our church who have lost friends in a recent attack by a terrorist group in our city. Pray for the families of those who lost loved ones that the comfort found in the gospel would be an anchor for their soul.
- Please pray for our church planting efforts in three other towns in Kenya: Karen (very near Nairobi), Kajiado, and Nakuru.
- Please pray for wisdom for our church's leaders as we seek to equip the body of Christ to exercise the responsibilities of membership—making and maturing disciples and guarding the gospel.
- Please pray for our pastoral students at EABST as we equip them with the Word.