|Enjoying Dinner at the New Place|
Since my last update, the Pittsleys were grateful to accept an offer of missionary housing that we found through a member of Calvary Baptist, Preble. While we are endeavoring to spend loads of time with Jen's family whom we'll be leaving soon to live in Kenya, we are also grateful for the Lord's provision and his people's generosity in opening this apartment to us.
This week I was able to meet with the pastor of Grace Baptist Church, in Pennellville, NY. I believe we are of one mind, and I hope that we will find partnership together in our future. As he and I talked, and he shared some of his ministry plans, I saw how he too was working to meet the need of church-based theological education and leadership development. If we want our churches to gain ground in the coming generation and make lasting strides in Christ's commission, we must train men of God set on fire with the word of God.
Right now, our ministry team is working on the website for our school. It's exciting to see the way the Lord Jesus is working to begin a theologically grounded church-planting movement in Nairobi. Please pray that he would continue to shepherd us through this process, and that his Spirit would help us to make wise godly ministry decisions.
Here are several other requests to mention in your prayers for us:
- Opportunities to serve Grace Baptist Church of Pennellville, NY
- Continued development of our relationship with Calvary Baptist, Preble, NY
- At least one or two more partners in this region as we seek to serve local churches and develop the relationships the Lord has granted
- A full schedule for our time in the Southwest this winter.
- Efficient interactions with the US government as we seek to prepare documents for our departure.
We're grateful for your prayers!